Oxford Cricket Club is fully committed to safeguarding and promoting the wellbeing of all its members.
Oxford Cricket Club believes that it is important that members, coaches, administrators and parents, carers or guardians associated with the club should, at all times, show respect and understanding for the safety and welfare of others.
Therefore, members are encouraged to be open at all times and to share any concerns or complaints that they may have about any aspect of the club with the Club Safeguarding Officer, Rosalyn Porter or Club Secretary, Peter Joyce.
All senior members must accept the below Oxford CC code of conduct, as well as the codes of conduct of the Cherwell League, Home Counties Premier League and Women’s Midland League.
As a member of Oxford Cricket Club, you are expected to abide by the following code of conduct:
- All members must respect the rights, dignity and worth of all participants regardless of gender, ability, cultural background or religion.
- Members should inform coaches and team captains of their availability, at least one week before the forthcoming match.
- Members should keep to agreed timings for training and matches or inform their coach or captain if they are going to be late.
- Members must wear suitable kit for training sessions and matches, as agreed with the coach/team manager.
- Members must pay any fees for training or events promptly.
- All members must play within the laws of the game and respect officials and their decisions. Members must not show dissent at the umpire’s decision or react in a provocative or disapproving manner towards another player or a spectator.
- Members shall not use crude and/or abusive language (known as “sledging”), nor make offensive gestures or hand signals, nor deliberately distract an opponent.
- Members shall not use or in any way be concerned in the use or distribution of illegal drugs.
- Members shall not make any public or media comment which is detrimental to the club, umpires, league or otherwise brings the game into disrepute. This includes any comment made on social media platforms, whether publicly accessible or not. Any request for comment from an external agency should be directed to the club committee.
Code of Conduct updated 1st April 2021
Additionally, below are links to the Codes of Conduct for the leagues in which we play. All members of the club are to read and accept these codes and when completing the membership application, are asked to indicate so.